Q: Loud roaring sound - 2008 Honda Ridgeline

Every morning when I start my vehicle up it has a loud roaring sound but after I drive and 20 minutes later the sound completely stops when I turn the steering wheel it seems worse I am in Fla hot weather in the morning not cold what can this be?

Hi there. In many cases, the loud noise you’re hearing upon start-up is related to a loose drive or serpentine belt. The fact you hear this noise when you turn might indicate that the power steering pulley or drive belt that powers this system on your Honda might be wearing out as well. Humidity can make the belt more pliable which can also cause a belt to wear out or loosen sooner than it should. The best way to know for sure is to contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to complete an engine is making a noise inspection, so they can diagnose exactly what’s causing your noise issues.

3. Loud roaring sound - 2008 Honda Ridgeline