Q: Been having starting problems when car is cold thought it was starter motor. Now car sometimes does not accelerate when i hit gas

I had problems starting the car when it is cold it would buckle. Battery is new and good. Mechanic thought it was starter motor got one from the wreckers in good condition it did not work. So put the old one back in now all of a sudden car randomly would not let me accelerate when i hit the gas pedal and engine light came on. I have to turn the car off and put it back on for it to work again. What could be the problem? I put it in reverse when that occurse and it reverses normally, i put it in drive gear and the car rolls like normal but cant accelerate. Also theres a ongoing sort of dinging noise coming from under the bonnet it comes and goes but mostly comes when I accelerate.

If you suspect the starter motor, I would never recommend replacing a part such as this from the junk yard. If the vehicle is starting fine now and acceleration is the only problem, it is possible that a trouble code may have been thrown to set a check engine light. I would recommend having the codes pulled by a qualified professional to aid in the diagnosis of this issue. Once any trouble codes are found, the technician will be more clear on what is causing this issue. Consider YourMechanic as a check engine light inspection can be performed at your home or office.

3. Been having starting problems when car is cold thought it was starter motor. Now car sometimes does not accelerate when i hit gas