Q: I have a 2010 Chrysler Sebring with 125K miles , I've brought the car when it only had 42K on it , I've never had the transmission

asked by on May 10, 2017

I have a 2010 Chrysler Sebring with 122000 miles on it , when I brought it , it had 42,000 on it , my question is this , I took my car in for it's 3000 mile oil change and they always tell me that the manufacturer recommends a transmission service , well I'm not going to let these yahoo's do it , but the question is , at this point should I have a reputable company do it , or leave it alone .

I checked to verify and yes, Chilton’s (a major vendor of vehicle technical data) does recommend that the automatic transmission fluid and filter, on your year, make and model, be changed at 120,000 miles. I would absolutely recommend having that service performed. The fluid need only be drained and replaced (replace filter too). Additional flushing, or other operations, are needless. If you desire, this service can be performed more economically on a mobile basis, right at your location. The service to request is transmission fluid service. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.