Q: How to clean carbon buildup on a 2015 Eco Boost Mustang

2015 Eco Boost Mustang. My concern is about carbon buildup. I've already have the catch can but has around 12,000 miles. What do you recommend as far as the way to clean up the carbon?

A: It’s easy, your catch can isn’t going to st...

It’s easy, your catch can isn’t going to stop it, so when you put that on you don’t have to worry. But to clean it now, all you have to do is take off any big vacuum on the intake and get some good cleaner. Just get an atomizer and spray it into the engine and sucks it in over the valves and cleans the valves.

The reason the valves carbon up is because your injectors are spraying gas directly into the engine and not on top of the valves. This way, if you put it on the intake, it is spraying right over the valves. I would have a technician inspect the vehicle and de-carbonize the engine.