Q: The battery is dead and wont jump

I walked out to completely dead battery this morning after the headlights were left on. The ignition would not even recognize the key. The battery is only about 6-7 months old. I tried jumping it with my 2013 Jeep Cherokee (much bigger engine and battery). Nothing. I revved it for several minutes, and still nothing. The car has had no issues starting in the past, which leads me to not think that it is the starter or neutral switch. The headlights also did nothing, which also leads me to believe battery. There was no corrosion, the terminals were tight, and there was good clamping with the cables. Is it possible that the battery was so dead that a normal jump wont work? I have used the jump packs successfully in the past, but currently don't have one. I know those provide a little more power than a standard jump.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. More likely than not, the problem you are describing is not caused by a dead battery; but instead, bad battery cables. However, it is possible for a battery to drain to the point where attempting to jump start will not work. The best thing to do in order to correctly diagnose this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.