Q: What causes rear suspension damaged out of sudden without hitting on anything, accident nor high speed bump?

I rented a BMW 4 series and the rear suspension damaged out of sudden on the 4th day of our trip. After investigation, the rental company concluded that is our fault saying that they confirm the broken piece was only damaged as a result of this recent impact. So, we need to compensate a very high price because of that. Seriously, I couldn't accept the result because I was driving with care and didn't hit on anything. I don't understand why is this BMW so fragile? Anything I can do to defense for myself regarding this issue? Thanks if you able to provide me some advice here :)

A: The only common issue I found for the rear ...

The only common issue I found for the rear suspension is that the rear axle joints are prone to failure. Other than that problem there are no recalls or bulletins for anything else. If the problem was an axle then it may be due to a defective part. My best advise is to have them show you the broken part and take pictures of the damage.