Q: Making strange noise while accelerating and decelerating.

asked by on December 28, 2015

The car makes a strange noise while accelerating and decelerating. It's not constant and very subtle, like a hum.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

When you observe noise coming from your engine, it can be a startling event. Without a mechanic’s ear to listen, it can be hard to pinpoint exactly what you are hearing. Luckily we can narrow down these noises based on the fact that they are increasing and decreasing with the engine speed of your Town & Country. What you are hearing is a rotational noise and this will likely involve the tires, wheel bearings or possibly the brakes of your car. My next recommendation is having a certified mechanic thoroughly inspect the noises in the vehicle. This will allow them to gain some insight on where to look next for the problem. Due to the tires, wheel bearings and brakes being located so close together, it takes the experience of a certified mechanic to identify the exact reason you are hearing this noise, making sure it is addressed correctly the first time.