Q: Car lost power and a cylinder.

The Check Engine light came on. In addition, the car had a bad vibration like a missing cylinder. It also suffered from a major power losses and a burnt smell.

The check engine light came on as a warning your vehicle is in need of service. The most likely cause is the engine is misfiring from an ignition coil failure or the plug wires got oil on them. I recommend you have the engine checked and scanned for the exact problem since this engine has had many possible causes of failure in the ignition system.

3. Car lost power and a cylinder.