Q: Car lost power and a cylinder.

The Check Engine light came on. In addition, the car had a bad vibration like a missing cylinder. It also suffered from a major power losses and a burnt smell.

The check engine light came on as a warning your vehicle is in need of service. The most likely cause is the engine is misfiring from an ignition coil failure or the plug wires got oil on them. I recommend you have the engine checked and scanned for the exact problem since this engine has had many possible causes of failure in the ignition system.