Q: Location of coolant temp sensor

What is the location of the coolant temp sensor on my 2007 impala ss

A: The ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor...

The ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor is mounted directly in front of the exhaust port for cylinder number one, right next to the exhaust manifold. It is mounted on the head, on the left side of the motor on the front of the vehicle. It is a two wire sensor with a yellow wire and a tan wire.

This is the temperature sensor the powertrain control module and temperature gauge on your dashboard use to determine coolant temperature.