Car runs hot when air conditioning on overheating pt crui...

Q: Car runs hot when air conditioning on

asked by on February 12, 2016

My car runs hot when the air conditioning is on.

If your car is running hot when your air conditioning system is turned on then there may be a problem with the vehicle’s cooling system. When the air conditioning is turned on, it puts an additional load on the engine, which can cause the engine to overheat if the cooling system is not working efficiently. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle’s overheating issue since prolonged overheating can cause serious permanent damage to the engine.