How long can I drive if the bearings in the water pump is...

Q: How long can I drive if the bearings in the water pump is making noise? car is not over heating and there are no leaks

asked by on February 06, 2017

the bearings in the water pump is making noise. the car is not running hot and there are no leaks. How long can I drive without replacing the water pump

Hi there. It’s not recommended to drive a vehicle with a damaged water pump; especially if the bearings are damaged. If the water pump fails while you are driving, it’s possible your engine will suffer serious damage.