Q: just started making a clunking noise,runs good nothing loose

car just started making a clunking noise,had trans fluid change a couple of days ago. dont think theres a connection. It just started making a clunking noise like something was hanging. Jacked it up checked tires wheels. lug nuts, nothing hanging. dont know what else to check.

Check the transmission fluid level to see if it is full. If the filter was replaced, depending on the type and configuration, the filter could even be banging around. "Clunking" noises are very typical of failed outboard CV axle joints. Examine the rubber, accordion like boots that cover each outboard joint. If the boots are torn that would be a tip off but even if still intact, a mechanic would still have to road test the vehicle to rule the CV joints in or out as a cause of the noise. Bad sway bar links, ball joints and and/or tie rod ends can also cause clunking like noises. If you cannot identify the origin of the noise, by all means feel free to schedule a noise dagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this for you promptly.

3. just started making a clunking noise,runs good nothing loose