Q: Front Passenger Lock sometimes does not lock with a remote control or by locking button located on either doors.

Greetings: When locking the car using either with the remote or with the lock button located on either doors, the front passenger door sometimes won't lock. All other three (3) doors lock every time. Is solenoid part of internal door lock? So if I purchase the door lock to replace the faulty one would fix this issue? Thanks

The solenoid is on the door latch and is most likely the cause of the problem for your 2005 Toyota Tacoma. If you want to have this inspected and repaired, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your door lock and perform the correct replacement.

3. Front Passenger Lock sometimes does not lock with a remote control or by locking button located on either doors.