Q: Does the engine need to be lifted forward in order to replace the oil pan gasket?

We have two Pontiac G8 GT with 6.0L engine. Both cars when we got oil change done we have been informed that the oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. We are starting to see oil spots in the garage and the driveway where these cars are parked. My specific question is does the engine need to be lifted forward in order to replace the oil pan gasket?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. The oil pa...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The oil pan is clear to be removed without lifting the motor. The original pan gasket is riveted to the pan. The new gasket does not need to be riveted on to pan for installation. Hope this helps and best of luck!