Q: Engine will not stay started.

Engine turns over but dies shortly afterwards. Before, I was having trouble with the engine dying when stopped at red lights or coasting downhill.

A: This may be a problem with the fuel filter ...

This may be a problem with the fuel filter or fuel pump. If the fuel pump is getting weak or not working at all, that may cause your issue. If the fuel filter is clogged, this may also cause your issue. I would first enlist the assistance of a professional to check your fuel pressure and if it is low, change your fuel filter since this is a basic maintenance item anyway. If the fuel filter does not fix the problem, the fuel pump has likely gone bad.