Q: Car makes rattling noise when accelerating

When accelerating my car makes a rattling noise. It doesn't happen all the time, but only when coming to a complete stop and taking off again. The noise sounds like aluminium or marbles rolling around under the hood.

Hi there. Diagnosing a noise is one of the hardest things for a mechanic to do; especially since there are so many potential issues. In many cases, the sounds you’re describing are caused by loose heat shields, engine covers or even loose motor mounts. However, since your vehicle is a 2008, I’d assume something like a bracket or heat shroud has come loose. The best way to be sure, is to have one of our mechanics complete a noise inspection for you.

3. Car makes rattling noise when accelerating