Q: My engine light comes on and then my car shuts off. I have a 2012 Chrysler 200

My engine comes on and my car shuts off. I wait for 20 or 30 mins and then it restarts

A problem that seems to resolve after the car sits for a while usually points to a sensor failure. Many sensors contain coils of wire that might get an intermittent break that only occurs at certain temps, so it seems to respond as the component cools down. There should be a trouble code stored in the engine controller that can point to the problem. If you contact YourMechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to read the stored codes and let you know what it is going to take to solve your problem.

3. My engine light comes on and then my car shuts off. I have a 2012 Chrysler 200