Q: Dashboard lights on all the time - 2013 Infiniti JX35

I've recently purchased this pre-owned car that is well maintained and runs well. The car had been in a minor flood before I bought it and it has some issues, which might or might not be caused by the flooding. The issue is with the dashboard lights that cannot turn off. All the fuses are fine. I had the ignition switch replaced with a new one but that didn't turn the lights off. As long as the battery is connected, the lights are on. What could I do to fix this?

Hey there. There is no information on the issue you are having with the dash lights. You may have a short in a harness causing the light to stay on. I would have a mechanic scan the body computer to see if the lights are shorted on in the module from the flooding. Since anytime water enters any harness in the interior and the connectors in the interior are not water-resistant (like in the engine area), this wiring can become corroded and cause malfunction. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system and make proper corrections.

3. Dashboard lights on all the time - 2013 Infiniti JX35