Q: Throttle issue

I am having a throttle issue, as it's very slow to engage, and then goes hard.

A: What you are describing sounds like hesitat...

What you are describing sounds like hesitation. The most common cause of hesitation is the MAF, or Mass Air Flow sensor. This sensor is solely responsible for measuring the air going into the engine, and with the air, the computer must add fuel. If this sensor is dirty or malfunctioning, the proper amount of fuel will not be added. Also, the intake hose from the MAF to the intake manifold should be checked; there could be cracks, improper connection, unplugged hoses, etc., which would all affect the reading, and produce hesitation. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your car’s location to run a diagnostic inspection of your hesitation issue, and suggest the best path to repair.