Q: Bad crankshaft sensors - would that cause the problem of poor acceleration? 1996 Chevy K1500

asked by on November 21, 2016

The light is on and says cam shaft to crank shaft correlation fault

Hello - yes, a failed crankshaft or camshaft position sensor can cause a "loss of power" situation. The ignition system has a limited fallback ignition timing scheme to allow the vehicle to run, albeit with little power, to get safely off the road if a timing sensor fails. I would recommend an inspection of ignition timing sensors by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.