Q: Bad crankshaft sensors - would that cause the problem of poor acceleration? 1996 Chevy K1500

The light is on and says cam shaft to crank shaft correlation fault

Hello - yes, a failed crankshaft or camshaft position sensor can cause a "loss of power" situation. The ignition system has a limited fallback ignition timing scheme to allow the vehicle to run, albeit with little power, to get safely off the road if a timing sensor fails. I would recommend an inspection of ignition timing sensors by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Bad crankshaft sensors - would that cause the problem of poor acceleration? 1996 Chevy K1500