Q: Car shakes and hesitates upon acceleration.

trouble accelerating I hit the pedal it would shake and not move forward in steady way and the rpm gauger needle goes up and down also my battery has recently died and is time to be replaced but not sure if this is related.

Hello and thank you for your question. If the battery is not holding at least 12.4 volts then the computer cannot function correctly with the vehicle and cause shut downs. For the shaking in forward and the rpm gauge reads high and low, then there could be a problem with the brakes or the transmission.

Check to see if the brakes are applied and if the brake module is making the brakes stay engaged. Check the transmission shifter cable to see if it is aligned correctly. If the shifter cable is out of adjustment, then the transmission manual valve can be in between gears causing the vehicle not to move.

If you need assistance with troubleshooting your acceleration issue, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic who can help you with your vehicle at your home or office.

3. Car shakes and hesitates upon acceleration.