Q: Sudden Reduced Power when running fine - stop, restart, all is fine - what's wrong?

When my truck is running all od a sudden the reduce engine power turns and my looses velocity so what i have to do is pull over turned the engine off and turned back on and will work perfectly so what do u think it can be...

Hi there - first thing to check when experiencing a Reduced Power Light condition is for any problem codes that might still remain, even if the Check Engine light is not on now. There are several possible causes - an overheating condition, which would have been evident on your coolant temp gauge. A malfunction of the throttle position sensor, even if temporary, can cause this scenario. The TPS has a dual-measurement system for redundancy if one or the other fails. If engine management senses a difference in readings between the two - it goes to Reduced Power mode. Restarting the truck would have cleared it as long as no permanent condition existing. I would recommend a Reduced Power malfunction inspection. This inspection will check out the components most likely to invoke this condition. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs

3. Sudden Reduced Power when running fine - stop, restart, all is fine - what's wrong?