Q: misfire under load

Hi, I drive a 2008 135i n54 engine, Last night i went for a drive and put my foot down got up to around 5k Revs and the engine managment light come on and lost loads of power. Pulled over turned off and back on and its fine if driving normally, as soon as i put foot down it throws light on again and sluggish. Today had it code read and it was misfire on 1/3/4 cant remember, what could it be?

A: Hello there, many different faults can caus...

Hello there, many different faults can cause your 2008 BMW 135i to have a misfire under load. If there is a multiple cylinder misfire, there may be one of a few different faults going on. The most common faults would be at the wiring harness, coils, spark plugs, fuel pump, vacuum leaks, or oxygen sensor. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your misfire issue and make any repairs required.