Q: I brought my car to firestone for brake job and they found that my power steering fluid is leaking. they told me i need rack and p

firestone mechanics check my car and they said I need to replace my rack and pinion steering column in the front. 756 for parts and 500 for labor. is this correct

Hi there. A power steering leak can often be caused by a damaged hose or the pinion seal being damaged; so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the repair they are recommending is accurate. The price for steering racks and pinion gear set on Infinity can be rather costly; and the labor would take about 5 to 8 hours, so that estimate is also on par with having a professional shop complete this service. To compare, you might want to request a price estimate to have one of our professional mobile mechanic complete a steering rack / gear box replacement for your vehicle.

3. I brought my car to firestone for brake job and they found that my power steering fluid is leaking. they told me i need rack and p