Q: Front of car bouncing

The front of my car is bouncing. I think I might need some new struts.

Hello, the easy way to test your status or shock is to go to the corner of the vehicle and give it a good bounce up and down. Once you stop bouncing it, it should only continue for one and half to two times max. If it bounces more than that it’s time for a replacement. Struts and shocks should always be replaced in pairs, both fronts or both rears. If the spring needs to be transferred over to the new strut it takes a special tool to compress the spring and swap the shock. It is also a good idea to replace the top retained since the existing bearing or bushing is probably worn. Also take a look at the rubber the spring sits on, if it’s torn or cracking it should be replaced to eliminate a source of future noise. You will probably need the aid of mechanic to install the new struts if replacements are needed.

3. Front of car bouncing