Q: The dome light will not turn off.

asked by on December 07, 2016

I have shut every door in the car plus the trunk and the hood and the light is still on. What do I do?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thanks for writing in. There is typically a switch on the dashboard next to the headlight controls in which will turn on the interior lights. To start, locate this switch and make sure it is off. It may have been bumped or hit on accident and been turned on. If the switch is off, the light is receiving power when it should have been shut off. This can mean that any of the switches on the circuit have failed to cut power. These switches are at the drivers control, and at each of the doors. These are testing with a volt meter and it can a lengthy process depending on the situation. The light being on can kill your battery, and you may want to disconnect it so this doesn’t happen. Disconnecting the battery may mess with some of your programmed settings. First make sure the light switch at your driver control panel is off, and then turn to diagnosing the switches and circuitry.