Q: High pitch frequency noise

Hi,

Just yesterday I noticed a very high pitch frequency noise coming from the rear of my car, the best way I can describe the noise is if you have a drill and you lightly press the trigger and it doesn't operate but it will make a that kind of noise that sounds like it's coming from everywhere, I haven't inspected underneath but the noise is loudest near the back seats, it does this when the Engine is running and stops doing it when the engine is off, it doesn't go louder when driving, I can't hear it when driving, I can only hear when idle and I'm out of the car, I'm little worried as it's only just started happening, thank you in advance.

The high pitch noise you are hearing is the fuel pump in the fuel tank getting noisey and will fail if the pump is not changed in the near future. The fuel filter and fuel pump along with the fuel control module should be checked and replaced. If the fuel control module is bad then it may be over speeding the fuel pump and cause it to be get noisey. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and test the fuel pressures to verify the fuel pump control is working as it should and then replace the pump and filter.

3. High pitch frequency noise