Q: The Check Engine Light came on, I hooked it up to my scanner and got the code P0308

asked by on November 10, 2016

Engine seems to run fine and I don't notice anything wrong with it when Im driving... do I need to replace my ignition coil or not? What else could be the issue? I don't want to waste money having someone replace my ignition coil if that won't fix my issue. I know my CV boot is cracked so could that be causing the problem?

This code relates to an engine misfire and is not related in any way to your CV boot. The CV boot is a transmission/axle component. There are a number of things that can cause this code to register in the computer such as any of the following: a faulty spark plug or spark plug wire, a faulty coil pack, a faulty oxygen sensor, faulty fuel injectors, a bad catalytic converter or low fuel pressure. I would recommend having an expert technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your misfire to narrow down what may be causing the problem.