Q: Clutch slave cylinder causes clutch pedal malfunction

After picking up my car (50,000 miles), I was driving home on the highway and the clutch pedal went all the way down to the floorboard. This happened three times with I was downshifting on exit ramps. This happened again last week and I limped to the dealership. They reported that it was my clutch going out and they wouldn’t even look at the car. In researching, I learned I’m among a lot of other drivers having this clutch slave cylinder problem. Could you please tell me what to do to get this fixed?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2012 Nissan 370Z. The clutch assembly shouldn’t be worn out at 50,000 miles unless the vehicle has been abused. There are many concerns for vehicles that match your model year with the same complaint and it seems the plastic clutch slave cylinder has come up a lot. You may want to check in with your local dealer if there are any recalls on the car related to this issue. If you would like to have this inspected by an expert, a trained professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your clutch problem and let you know what should be done.

3. Clutch slave cylinder causes clutch pedal malfunction