Q: Engine rumbles and vibrates while idling

When I start my car, if it idles, it seems like the engine rumbles a bit. It's hard to explain and it's not constant. People put in neutral so it won't vibrate but it feels like that for a second, like an on and off vibration I guess.

A: You might want to try watching my video &qu...

You might want to try watching my video "How to Fix a Car That Idles Poorly." You just take the plastic plenum that goes from the air filter to the intake and get some throttle body cleaner. Spray the throttle and get it all nice and clean. A lot of times that will fix it. When I was a kid, we had carburetors, and we had to clean them. They would get dirty, and build up carbon and then they wouldn't run right. So you had to clean it once in a while with the spray cleaner. Fuel injection systems don't need that much work, so people rarely do much there, but they still get carbon on them. So it's a good idea to clean them out once in a while. A good throttle body cleaner will often stop that. I recommend having a certified technician inspect your car's shaking issue to verify the source of the problem on your car. If needed, they will be able to clean the throttle body and make any other repairs as needed.