Q: Car will not start.

My car will not start. The last time it did start, it was only moving 5 to 10 MPH. I just replaced the fuel pump. The last mechanic thought it was the engine control module, but that was not it.

A: Since you replaced some things already we c...

Since you replaced some things already we can certainly rule those out. When you replaced the fuel pump did you replace the filter also? a clogged fuel filter can certainly make the car act this way. Also, considering the age of the vehicle, a clogged catalytic converter can cause all the issues you are describing. Normally a bad converter will cause the poor acceleration and if it is bad enough can keep the car from starting. Some specialized tools like a back pressure tester are needed to check the converter. So I suggest seeking the help of a mechanic to test this for you.