Q: Car will not start.

My car will not start. The last time it did start, it was only moving 5 to 10 MPH. I just replaced the fuel pump. The last mechanic thought it was the engine control module, but that was not it.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Since you replaced some things already we can certainly rule those out. When you replaced the fuel pump did you replace the filter also? a clogged fuel filter can certainly make the car act this way. Also, considering the age of the vehicle, a clogged catalytic converter can cause all the issues you are describing. Normally a bad converter will cause the poor acceleration and if it is bad enough can keep the car from starting. Some specialized tools like a back pressure tester are needed to check the converter. So I suggest seeking the help of a mechanic to test this for you.