Q: Car popped and is now rattling.

I was driving and heard a pop. Now, the car is making a rattling noise.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The noise you hear may be the flywheel and torque convertor making a rattling knocking noise. The noise may come and go when you put it in and out of gear. If this is the case the manufacturer recommends the flex plate and transmission torque converter be replaced. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the noise you are hearing to determine a repair.