Q: Transmission falling out of high gear

I can get in my truck back out and take off in drive and truck shifts fine an till I let up off the gas peddle and try to get back into the gas it feels like it's in neutral but I can push overdrive button in and it catches and drives fine? I can start with overdrive off and never have a problem with it ?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Ford F-150. Check the transmission fluid level. Changing the fluid filter may help temporarily but it sounds like the clutch packs in your transmission may be worn to the point of needing replacement. Have a professional inspect the gear issue to verify the faulty component and have this taken care of properly.