Q: Can you figure out why it's overheating?

My 2008 Nissan pathfinder has been overheating for awhile. At first it was my radiator cap and we changed that. Then a hose burst but that was fixed and solved the issue until about a month ago. Now water has been leaving out of the radiator and/or reservoir but not leaking on the ground. I constantly have to add water/coolant before I go anywhere or have to check the levels. Now I can't go around the corner without it overheating and now our acts like it doesn't want to pick up speed once I get to 40mph.

Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. In your circumstance, if the root cause of the overheating is not the thermostat, you should replace your engine cooling thermostat anyway once the overheating is diagnosed and fully resolved because episodes of overheating can easily damage the thermostat. If the thermostat is damaged, and left in place, that can set the stage for future cooling system problems. If you desire that this problem of overheating be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.