Q: Overheating Issue

asked by on July 16, 2016

My car keeps overheating. We have replaced the fan the upper radiator hose and the thermostat. What else could it be .

Cooling/Radiator Fan Motor Replacement $120.68 - $1412.28 Get a Quote
Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1141.02 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There would need to be a few checks to be done first. See if there is proper fan operation. Does the fan come on after the vehicle reaches about 220 degrees on the gauge? If the fan comes on and you replaced the thermostat, then possible issued include a blocked radiator, a water pump that is not pumping from a worn impeller, or a blown head gasket for compression getting in the radiator. These component checks should be done by a professional mechanic. They will have the specialized tools and knowledge to diagnose your overheating issue and help you move forward with the appropriate repair.