Q: Whistling noise

asked by on August 23, 2017

My car makes whistling noise only in FRONT right wheel area when I release the ebrake. It only does that for a moment when I either back up or move forward from parking or my garage, then, the noise disappears. It is the brake pad or rotor issue? Thanks.

Note : no whistling Noise when I don't press on the ebrake when parked.

It sounds like you may have an emergency brake that may be sticking resulting in the squeaking sound you describe. Emergency brakes tend to not get used as often as other components in the vehicle do and as a result, they tend to develop rust and sedentary characteristics which may result in the squeaking sound you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.