Q: Scrubbing noise from front of car.

I hear a scrubbing noise from the front end when I turn left. I do know I need four new ball joints in a leaf spring lifter in the back.

A: If the vehicle needs all the ball joints re...

If the vehicle needs all the ball joints replaced, I would recommend having that done by a professional to see if the noise goes away. The sound is likely occurring due to the excess amount of play in the front wheels. If the sound does go away, it was certainly caused by the bad ball joints. If it does not go away, there may be an issue with the brakes. The technician that replaces your ball joints will need to remove the front brakes in order to gain access to the ball joints. With that being said, the condition of your brakes will be known at the time of ball joint replacement and your diagnosis can resume from there.