Q: A/C blows only hot air

Our summers are so hot and that’s all I get from my A/C - HOT air!! No matter what temp I set, it’s only hot air. I talked to the dealership and they think it’s a module. If so, I want to replace it myself. Do you agree with their assessment and can you tell me how to install it?

A: Hello. This can be a module, but it can als...

Hello. This can be a module, but it can also be an issue within the system. I typically check the system pressures first. If the pressures are fine and are functioning right then the actuators under the dash need to be checked. If those are also fine then the module is more than likely the issue. If the module needs to be replaced then you can install a new one, but it would need to be programmed to the vehicle otherwise it would not work. This would have to be done with the right computer scan tool. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the issue.