2006 chevy impala, car doesnt accelerate past 20 mph only...

Q: 2006 chevy impala, car doesnt accelerate past 20 mph only when first starting the car, after it shifts it runs fine, getting worse

asked by on March 12, 2018

when i start my car, after it sitting for a while, my car starts fine, when i rev it in park, rpm's go up just fine, when i put it in drive and try to accelerate past 20 mph, it just revs as if it were in park, rpm's go, but car doesn't drive faster then 20mph , once i get it to finally shift, it drives fine. no check engine light, ran a tester anyway, and no codes are stored or registered, replaced spark plugs, what else could be my issue?

The problem is with the internal shift solenoids not shifting the internal valve and you should first try to get transmission serviced and filter replaced. If after servicing the transmission and if it does not fix the problem then will need to have a transmission diagnosis to check the shift solenoids are working as they should and may need to have valve body replaced. A generic scan tool will not do these tests and will need an advanced scanner or factory scanner to diagnose the cause.