Q: No coolant in the reservoir. Seen low coolant message. I added 2 quarts of 50/50 coolant. Still getting the message. How much coolant doe it need?

purchased car. seen low coolant message checked and no coolant. car overheat but made it to part store and added 1 qt of coolant and 1 qt of water. made it home no overheat. message still on so check and still cannot see any coolant in reservoir. added 1/4 qt coolant and 1/4 water again next day and still get message. coolant is a little below minimum. how much coolant does this car need?? using pentosin sf pink coolant. didnt know which was in before since it none.

Hi there. For the coolant light to go out, you would need to have the coolant between the low line and the full line for the light to go out. If the coolant is low and keeps on being low, then look for any signs of coolant leaks. You may have to use a coolant pressure tester to pressurize the reservoir to allow the leak to be found.

If you need further assistance with the coolant being low and the warning light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. No coolant in the reservoir. Seen low coolant message. I added 2 quarts of 50/50 coolant. Still getting the message. How much coolant doe it need?