Q: What should I do to fix if my car displayed "ac off due to high engine temp" on my 2012 Chevrolet Cruze

I was just driving home weather was like in the 20's and messaged displayed saying "ac off due to high engine temp." now the coolant cools then it gets hot.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If this message is coming on then the computer is detecting that the engine is overheating. I would check the coolant level first. If it is low then there is a coolant loss issue. If the level is fine then you may have a bad sensor, or if you have plenty of coolant in the car then you may have a failing thermostat or another issue. The cooling system will need to be diagnosed at that point. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection