Q: What side is my starter on a 2006 nissan pathfinder

asked by on March 14, 2017

I want to know what side is my starter on a 2006 nissan pathfinder

Hello, thank you for writing in. The starter is tucked up behind the oil pan towards the right side of the vehicle. The right side is also known as the passenger side of the vehicle. There should be two mounting bolts holding it into place, and then you will need to disconnect the electrical wiring from another bolt. Keep track of any washers that are in place, as you will want those. If the replacement came with shims, hold onto those and keep them close by for installation. Proper alignment is key. Make sure the battery is disconnected before starting. For more help with the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.