Q: Noise from right rear wheel area when turning right at low speed.

I've got a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST. Recently I noticed a sort of scraping sound coming from the area of the rear wheel, only audible at low speed when turning right. I figured it was most likely a brake pad dragging, so I swapped those out for new ones. The noise has persisted. Any thoughts on what else it could be?

A: Hey there. You may be hearing the backing p...

Hey there. You may be hearing the backing plate behind the rotor rubbing on the rotor due to it being bent too close to the rotor or the bearing having excessive play and letting the rotor get too close on turns. Lift the wheel and see if the bearing has excessive play in it and replace it if it does. It should be part of the hub assembly. If you would like to have this taken care of by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the noise and perform the appropriate repairs.