Q: My engine light keeps coming on. We have replaced the air/fuel ratio sensor four times.

asked by on October 30, 2016

we have our air/fuel ratio sensor now replaced 4 times in 1 year( 1 at our charge) , clearned the code p2a00 in the computer, relearned it in the system but still the engine light keeps coming on. we went to different garages but they can't seem to find whats wrong. we had the air intake bellow boot replaced because of It was ripped. cleared the code again and now after 1 week the light comes on AGAIN. where can we look what might causes the sensor to go off every time?

Hey there. As you may know, this may be caused by a few different things, one of which is a faulty sensor (which you have already replaced). This may also be caused by an intake air leak, leaking or dirty fuel injectors, or low fuel pressure. These types of problems will cause an unbalanced air/fuel mixture to be supplied to the engine resulting in poor performance, rough idling as well as causing the Check Engine Light to come on. Bring up this possibility with the previous garages or have a certified expert from YourMechanic diagnose the Check Engine Light in person so that this can be properly repaired.