Q: So I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS (used) with roughly 870,00 Miles. I have been driving it for about 2 months now. All of a sudden

asked by on October 18, 2017

So I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS (used) with roughly 87,000 Miles. I have been driving it for about 2 months now. All of a sudden I start hearing this rattling noise. I never hear it before and it only happened around 40mph. The noise is coming from the drivers side. PLEASE HELP?????

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Amie. Thanks for contacting us today. A rattling noise like you have described is often caused by a loose bracket, belt or pulley. On the driver side, a power steering pulley could be the source of this noise, while a loose radiator fan shroud or other bracket are other possible sources. The best way to diagnose any noise is to have a professional mechanic test drive the vehicle with you, and complete a car is making a noise inspection; in an attempt to replicate the sound. This allows them to isolate the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr