Q: Oil light staying on.

My oil light stays on after the engine warms up.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thanks for the question. Your oil light staying on even after the car has started is something that requires immediate attention. I would recommend having it checked asap. The good news here is that it doesn’t always mean you have a major problem with the engine. The oil pressure your engine makes is what keeps it alive, its probably the most important light and or gauge in your cluster. The sending unit, the electric part that is responsible for reading your oil pressure and converting it to an electrical signal can malfunction, or the light or the wiring as well. A good diagnostic mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, will remove that sending unit and install a manual gauge and record your actual oil pressure and determine if there is an actual problem with the oil system, or if there is a fault in the sender or light. At that point you would be informed as to which area you have trouble. Have a mechanic inspect this problem for you.