Q: My car is powerless and noisy. What is wrong?

If drive about 5-10 km engine start to make strange noise

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, drive about 5-10 km engine starts to make strange noise, could be so many possibilities. Checking the engine oil level would be highly recommended. The noise from the engine area needs to be isolated. It could be, an internal engine noise, ie; piston, connecting rod, tappet, timing chain, etc. It could be, an accessory component, ie; a/c compressor, alternator, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, power steering pump, etc.

Also, the lack of power and noise could be from an exhaust that is restricted due to a partially plugged catalytic converter. The exhaust backing up in the engine can cause unusual engine noise.

Because there are so many possibilities, I recommend having your vehicle’s noise and loss of power diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.