Q: While driving the car seems to want to sway left and right more than usual.

Had mechanics check and replaced the tie rods which helped a little. Also had an allingment done and rechecked for accuracy. Went on test drive with 3rd mechanic who did notice you had to steer more when above 30mph but he didn't think it too severe. Having driven this car for 15 years it is very noticeable and frightening. All mechanics assured me that suspension is fine and ball joints and bearings are fine. However I have not gone to a Lincoln dealership yet. The movement is not severe but does feel loose and out of control. No fluids are leaking and no grinding noises. Actual the steering feels loose and to swing wide when making turns. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, there are several possibilities for your vehicle’s poor handling. The fact you have had your vehicle’s front end checked, tie-rod ends replaced, and the alignment performed all leads me to believe that there may be an issue with the vehicle’s sway/stabilizer bar and/or bushings. It could be that the shocks or struts are due for replacement. It could also be the tires at fault. I recommend your vehicle’s poor handling be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.