2004 Buick Rendezvous - Random metallic grinding sound wh...

Q: 2004 Buick Rendezvous - Random metallic grinding sound when accelerating and/or braking

asked by on September 25, 2017

I randomly hear a metallic grinding noise when accelerating and/or braking, sometimes when making a turn.

I've heard the same sound in the past when my brakes were 'going bad', but then only when I applied the brakes, not when preforming other maneuvers.

You think still the brakes? Or something else?

Thanks,

Brakes can make a whole variety of sounds under a whole variety of conditions. So it may just be that it is time for brake pads again. Or it could be that there is an issue with a wheel bearing or some other moving part. A trained ear will probably be able to test drive the car and tell you what the likely source of the noise is. But get it done soon, most conditions get worse and more expensive the more you drive. To have it checked out at your convenience you can contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Buick and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.