Q: Digital speedometer screen is blank on 2016 Colorado. How do I get it back?

asked by on March 16, 2017

can"t get digital speedometer to display. screen is blank. am able to access other info such as oil pressure etc. how do I get it to display again?

Check the condition of the car battery and see if the voltage and amperage are weak. A weak battery will cause multiple electrical issues including turning of the Instrument Panel Cluster gel pads. If the battery is new or in excellent condition, then the gel pad to the speedometer has burned up. This can happen if the pad is faced directly in sun light for several hours. For this case, I suggest replacing the instrument panel cluster assemble and when the vehicle is parked in direct sun light, put a form of a shield in front of the instrument panel cluster. This will shield the suns rays and prevent the issue from returning. If you need further assistance with your speedometer not registering on the Gel pad, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.